View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

It sounds like you were like ordained to do this much earlier in life than most of us.

A lot of us used to be fuel wasting hot-rodders who have come 180 degrees.

Peer pressure WAS that ugly time in Junior High. You are an adult now! You are above such nonsense!

Sure I've been laughed at. I used to bracket drag race a '63 Nova my Dad gave me.

I duct-taped the spot where the rear bumper ends on the side quarter panel so the air would flow smoother. The guys in the tech line laughed it up. I got the idea from Hot Rod Magazine itself!

Later, on different jobs, always group attacks showing how nerdy you are.

We are turtles here, and we come with hard shells that repel the nasties!

Have you forgotten that you have one? You could work all your life at trying to make people like you. Realize that its not going to happen for the most part.
We are not a majority.

That's why its special to belong here on Ecomodder so that there IS someone that understands, and that you are not the ONLY one!!!

I am highly impressed about one guy on here trying to do his best hypermiling in the mean town of Chicago! I'm sure he doesn't have many fans.

Time to buck up my friend; do, or die; wear the shell, or wimp out.
It's your life, and you have to face yourself in the mirror every day!!!!!
06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]