View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
cleanspeed1
Diesel Addict/No Cure

StolenHoopty - '90 Honda Accord EX

HvyDrnkr - '93 Cadillac Seville
Having to deal with what people think is a part of life............until you discover the freedom of not caring what people think.

The people that changed the world and pushed life back and made it bend in different ways had to come to the conclusion that in order to succeed you will get persecuted for it. That's just truth. Einstein, Hucho, Jesus Christ, your best engineers, etc. all got attacked by "the experts" and ."the leaders" of society because they brought something different, new, unusual that threatened the establishment.

I deal with insults with humor, and as long as I tell the joke on me first, no one else has the power to do so.

What's funny about nerds, geeks, anoraks is that the genius is there, the power is there to change the world. The problem lies in confidence, competence and the ability to be cool ( which is all marketing ).

Put an aero freak of a vehicle together and folks laugh. Laugh with them, and let them know it was intentional. Then blow their minds with what it can do. To stop the laughter, change the execution. Pull it together and make it look good. Keep it an aero freak but proper, tasteful, stylish. Then they go, "whoa how'd you do that?"

Either way, the power is in your hands, not theirs

Big n' Boxy, Never met a Hill it Didn't Like
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cleanspeed1 For This Useful Post:
CigaR007 (04-13-2012), NachtRitter (04-13-2012)