View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 12:41 PM   #313 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
building

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmiller100 View Post
Hmmmm...... I think we have a different objective. I am after BUILDING a car. I am looking for information to help me build my cars.

For my purposes, 22 is not an acceptable number as I don't think it will work in the real world.

And I don't have a windtunnel, so I'm after something pretty simple to implement.
If you're going to scratch-build a body-in -white car I would recommend you not begin until you have thoroughly read about Eiffel,Rumpler,Jaray,Lay,Fachsenfeld,Kamm,Hoerner, Korff,Mair,Morelli,and studied what VW,Mercedes-Benz,GM,Ford and others have done with their record cars over the years.
All of this body of work will be necessary for you to have enough tools to work with .
I've been actively involved in road vehicle aerodynamics since 1974 and it's taken this long to arrive at a fabrication tool as simplified as the 'Template'.
Perhaps your research will uncover something hundreds of other investigators have missed over the last 90-years of active wind tunnel research.
You'll want to have your car fully constructed and tested on paper before you purchase an ounce of material or consume a Watt of energy.
Sorry I couldn't help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aerohead For This Useful Post:
ERTW (04-16-2012), t vago (04-16-2012)