View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
steffen707
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbothrush View Post
If your talking 65 mph with a flat road and light wind and summer temps than yes I get leanburn at 65 mph. I don't drive at 70 mph but I would doubt it .Not without a strong tailwind

If your talking 65 mph going up a grade and adding throttle to maintain speed than no leanburn. I get leanburn down till I go below 41 mpg ( 5th gear ) on the instant mpg.

I can tell you that my vx will get 57-58 mpg at a true 60 mph as I have hundreds of miles on a dead flat road with my mpguino. If I see 60 mpg than I have a tailwind and if I see 55 mpg I have a headwind. It really is as simple as that on a flat road . I really wish more people would give speed and wind when they talk highway mpg because as you know it makes a huge difference.
Yeah i meant with a flat road and light wind. I'm surprised you have lean burn at 41mpg in 5th gear. With my car if i'm losing speed and i keep giving throttle to maintain speed, my mpg will drop to about 48mpg and then if I give any more throttle it will drop out of lean burn and fall to 34-36mpg.