View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #76 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbo View Post
Problem is that I have not found BSFC map for anything that would really compare to my all mechanical small turbo diesel engine
What is the BSFC for the engine you have now?

- - - - - - - -

Quote:
There is indeed lot happening with tires at speed,
I agree.

Quote:
I think there is speed limit in human brain and certainly processing all that while driving will be rather taxing.
Agree again

Don't make it a chore ... keep it fun.

- - - - - - - -

The only aspect about that I will give a few more of my 2 bits ... is ... I see all of that ... just fine tuning the results , but not changing the relationship of the forces involved enough to alter the rolls or the net results of the effects of energy consumption per mile at different speeds ... I still expect even with lots and lots of these fine tuning of the results ... faster speeds will still consume more energy per mile than slower speeds ... how you get that mechanical energy is a separate issue from the amount of energy needed.

- - - - - - - - -

Not to be forgotten ... it is entirely possible that the separate mechanism of how one gets the mechanical energy might be a larger factor in the Net MPG than the mechanical energy needed per mile factors.

For example if I go from ~26% ICE efficiency to ~38% ICE efficiency that is about a ~46% more mechanical energy output for the same amount of fuel energy input ... if my energy per mile needs did not change than I would expect to see a ~46% increase in MPG ... if my energy per mile needs increased by ~46% than I would expect to see no change in MPG as it equals the energy output increase.

Similarly ... if my energy per mile needs drop by ~46% and my ICE efficiency stays the same ... than I also would expect to see a ~46% increase in MPG ... even if the ICE efficiency had stayed at ~26%.