View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #796 (permalink)
jorloujr
EcoModding Lurker

My first post here and first of all I have to say: I´m very impressed ! OBDuino is an old dream coming true ;-)

I have it up and running in debug mode waiting for my cheap chinese "ELM327" to arrive, eager to plug it in my car ... ( Arduino Uno + LCD keypad shield )

There are a couple of things I´d like to modify to suit my needs and many other users I guess:

First and very important one: display fuel consumption in kilometers per liter [ km/l ] instead of liters per 100 km [ l/100 km ]. That´s the way people understand it in many countries around the world, it will be utterly useful. We must have this option, otherwise one of the most important OBDuino functions is useless to many people ...

Second: I´ve got a LCD keypad shield like this one:

w_w_w.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51]LCD Shield For Arduino

(please remove the underlines from w_w_w ... I needed to do this to be able to publish the link, sorry)

I modified the code to suit the display pinout and it works fine but the keypad is of the analog kind and adapting the code is not so easy for a OBDuino noobie ... that shield is very popular among Arduino entusiasts, this mod would make life a lot easier by a great deal and would benefit many.

Is there anyone familiar with OBDuino code willing to help me out ?