View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 04:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
dsq
EcoModding Lurker

Cnn Major Report On Hypermiling Tonight!

WOW...I WAS reading some threads here and had cnn on.Rick sanchez was yappin about the oil crisis and all of the sudden they have this report with miles obrien on hypermiling with wayne gerdes getting 50mpg with his accord and how to use a scan gage and also turning off the engine...They even get a 30% increase on miles o brien's yukon suv when they tried the hypermiling techniques including shutting off the motor!!!This report started at about 1 12 AM pst and ended 12 minutes later.They showed a web page from what they said was started by gerdes.Dont know if that is this site.They didnt mention the site's name.

Actually this whole hour is devoted to high oil prices and they are also showing what people are doing to save gas...Riding motorized trikes,aero bikes,ditching the suv's...Pretty exciting that this subject is getting the coverage it deserves.Pretty exciting.Seems like a lot of people have been broken by 4$ gas.
I know traffic in LA is down noticeably.Not so jammed packed with cars.

I am supposed to go up to the sierras soon where gas is 4.30...I bet there will be few travellers.Will be interesting to see.A lot of business in owens valley will get hurt this summer by major drop off of visitors.