View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 06:44 AM   #34 (permalink)
Funny
Master EcoModder

Eco-Fit - '13 Honda Fit Base
90 day: 37.06 mpg (US)
"This is admittedly one of her adherents, but it's also the title of her collection of essays on Objectivism. I think you would argue that she is *redefining* the meaning of the word selfish, yes?

CarloSW2"

I had not read this particular article, and yes I do believe that she must be redefining selfishness. I am not saying that either one of us is wrong, because I still hold to my original statement.
We need more productive people that don't ***** about their work and actually earn their pay, rather that survive by leaching off of other people. I will always hold to that statement. I think the fact that this county is full of people that feel the government and the country "owe them something" when they haven't earned it, is despicable and the worst form of leaching/mooching that one could accomplish. These people aren't willing to help themselves, but they expect you to work so they can collect their welfare check on the first of the month.
I am a registered Republican, however there was a Democrat whose words echo through time and are as true when they were said as they are now. "It is not what the country can do for you, it is what you can do for your country" - JFK
I really should start my own political party of "Americans" because right now, both parties are making me sick.