View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 11:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
gone7
gone

Lincoln #4 - '93 Lincoln Town Car Executive
Hybrid vehicles are always an economical alternative; even when petroleum was cheap.

As I previously mentioned the Firefly battery, which is carbon-foam/acid instead of lead/acid, I am confident that it is the way to go. It it wouldn't last for at least ten years I'd be very surprised. And no sulfation. Inexpensive batteries are no longer a pipe dream.

What people who promote mass transit just don't seem to understand is that I, like most Americans, want to drive my own vehicle. I want it to be cheap, non-polluting and efficient. Nobody wants mass transit.

Oh, I suppose there are those who wish to get down and dirty with the masses, but I choose not to suffer the filth, disease, smell, and risk of violence these inconvenient means of transporation bring us.

As I said before, mass transit methods will never, ever be convenient, and they need to be allowed to die a quick and non-lingering death. They hold back innovation toward the future and help make the poor beholden to the wealthy who own them. They are, and will remain, a pox upon our nation.