View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 12:36 AM   #80 (permalink)
jtbo
Master EcoModder

ZX - '97 Citroen ZX Monaco
OldContinents
90 day: 61.05 mpg (US)
Only thing I can compare is driving tank or two with gearing down at hills and driving tank or two without shifting down at hill, then try to find difference, which I can't find, weather seem to cause more differences.

I did mail to Peugeot France and asked from them to get BSFC map, not very high hopes, Citroen seemed to have no contacts at all, so at the moment I wait Peugeot's reply. From Peugeot Finland I got reply that they had data, but it was lost at move.

There are of course factory consumption figures to compare to also, problem is that I have found those only from interwebs and not knowing how reliable those are and are they for wagon mode is uncertain.

Best is history of consumption logs to compare to of course, that should show changes if enough is driven with relatively similar conditions, but so far that method has failed to show changes, it can of course be that climbing hills it does not matter which gear I'm using at speeds what I use (around 60kph for longer hills).

Nowdays it is just that I use car very little, so can't do really meaningful testing and theoretical calculation should overcome some of that limitation.

When I use aerodynamic drag calculator here in EM, it shows silly low consumption figures with values I put in, efficiency of motor is again big unknown, but at steady speed 26% efficiency put into calculator is giving correct results. Then again 65mpg(uk) was advertised by car magazines when car was new one touted as best and one of the fastest diesels in a world. But that figure is probably not for wagon, cd 0.32 vs 0.36 in wagon, coast down tests show that with current mods cd 0.299 would be likely, no consumption data with current mods.

At least there is now time to wait reply, I might drive next time at autumn at earliest.