View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Grant-53
Master EcoModder

Y'all must not be from around here. The buses here are neither crowded nor unclean.
If you want to drive an electric car, fine. Just remember that reality cannot be created or destroyed by ordinary wishful thinking. Several years ago I did an economic study on the average annual cost comparison of owning a Honda Civic gas engine vs hybrid; the breakeven point came out at $3.36/US gal. Prices and costs change so the price differences may be more favorable for the hybrid now.
What I learned in auto parts sales over the years is you don't try to sell a Chevy part to a Ford owner. Once I had a customer ask for a spark plug for his toilet. I could have burst out laughing or threw him out. Instead I asked the appropriate questions and made a sale. He had a waterless toilet that burned waste with propane. Point being we each have legitimate needs that can vary. Much of culture is based on geography. Here natural gas is plentiful so we use it. The carbon dioxide is absorbed by trees and crops. Cities have different needs. I will look into Firefly batteries.