View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
dohcsvt
EcoModding Lurker

Rodney - '00 Plymouth Neon Base
90 day: 33.05 mpg (US)

Tojo - '99 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 34.99 mpg (US)
New closet hypermiler.

Hello,
My name is Ottis and I am a major gear head. Speed has always been my thing. However I just sold my anti-hypermiling car and thought that I would come in here and learn. I had a 2008 Mustang Shelby GT500 that made 800 rear wheel horsepower and got 16 mpg. In my garage is a 1973 Mach 1 with a Big block that makes 625 horsepower and (believe it or not I figured this out for S&G's) gets 7 mpg.

My daily driver is a 2008 Silverado 1500 extended cab short bed 4X4. I recently purchased (6 months ago) a ScanGage and have been paying attention to my fuel economy. Just by changing driving habits I have gone from 16.5 mpg to almost 19 mpg. Yesterday (after I sold my baby) I went to the auto parts store and purchased synthetic lubricants for the engine, front axle, rear axle, transmission and transfer case. I have also located a local gas station that sells ethanol free gasoline. My overall goal is to be able to get my truck to average 25mpg back and forth to work. I am currently researching my next option of tail gate up/down and tailgate off replaced by net or tonneau cover. I look forward to learning from you guys and saving money!!