View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #52 (permalink)
trikkonceptz
Legend in my own mind

Evil Pumpkin - '08 Scion xD RS 1.0 #1633
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Silent Silver Killer - '10 Honda Insight EX
90 day: 51.5 mpg (US)
Below is something I can acroos while researching trailers today. It cam directly from a Michelin RV reference site. My take is their are more dangers to underinflating a tire than overinflating. Although there is no true definition for overinflating other than us saying more than sidewall max. No mention of sudden tire failure with overinflation.

A tire that is underinflated will build up excessive heat that may go beyond the prescribed limits of endurance of the rubber and the radial cords. This
could result in sudden tire failure. A tire that is underinflated will also cause poor vehicle handling, rapid and/or irregular tire wear, and an increase in rolling resistance which results in a decrease in its fuel economy.

Overinflation will reduce the tire’s footprint or contact patch with the road, thus reducing the traction, braking capacity, and handling of the vehicle. A tire that is overinflated for the load that it is carrying will also contribute to a harsh ride, uneven tire wear, and will be more susceptible to impact damage.

Maintaining correct tire inflation pressure for each loaded wheel position on your vehicle is of the utmost importance and must be a part of regular vehicle
maintenance.

I am a precisional instrument of speed and aeromatics
If your knees bent in the opposite direction......what would a chair look like???