View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #161 (permalink)
mjspiess
EcoModding Lurker

The Blue Bomber - '95 Geo Metro
90 day: 52.09 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbeaver View Post
Question:

What instrument you have to set the cruise at 60 mpg? I think you can slow down until getting to 60 mpg but this will last for a fraction of a second !

Please, explain.

OldBeaver
The only instrumentation I have is an MPGuino. This is a devise mainly for OBDI vehicles to show live MPG. So when I say "set the cruise at 60 mpg", I get up to 57 mph let off the gas slightly, but still maintaining 57 mph I can push Set on my cruise control when the MPGuino shows that I am currently getting 60 mpg. Once I do this, the cruise locks in at that given engine load because the cruise is hooked to the Ford MAP sensor measuring the engine vacuum. The cruise then maintains 60 mpg. It fluctuates between 57-61 mpg.

It should be noted that I have a highly modified '95 Geo Metro which allows me to lock into such a high MPG at a higher rate of speed. Here is a list of everything I've done to help improve gas mileage: MPGuino, Passenger Mirror Delete, Retracted Radio Antenna, Removed Side Trim, Aero Windshield Wipers, Clear Plastic Headlight Covers, Disabled DRL, Full/Partial Grill Block (depending on time of year), Rear Tire Spats, Front/Rear Belly Pan, Rear Wheel Skirts, Front Wheel Arch Gap Fillers, Sealed Headlight Gaps, Partial Kammback, XFi Camshaft with 60A +2* Sproket, Advanced Ignition Timing 8* BTDC, Hot Air Intake Tricker, Coolant Temperature Sensor Tricker, Full Synthetic 5W30 Oil, Aluminum Underdrive Pulley, XFi 3.79 Transmission, Pennzoil Synchromesh Transmission Fluid, Solar 12v Assist, 50 PSI Tire Pressure 155/80R/13, '99 Hyundai Accent 12 lbs. Rims & MPG Sensative Cruise Control