View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #169 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamIan View Post
At this point I doubt anything me or anyone else said would justify it to you ... you seem convinced you've done nothing wrong ... And I doubt anything me or anyone said would change that... but oh well.
Hey! If I would have wanted to falsely quote you, I would have used [ quote ] and [ /quote ]!

Quote:
#1> To me it isn't complicated ... if someone writes a quote and passes that quote off as coming from me or someone else ... I expect it as a quote ... to actually be a quote from that person ... if it isn't than it isn't ... If someone intends to incorrectly use quotation marks not to mean a quote but to mean something different ... than to me at the very least there should be some type of disclaimer before or after the incorrect use of the quotes to indicate that it is not actually a quote ... something along the lines of ... do you mean? ... or are you saying? ... which is not what you did either ... what you wrote to me clearly seemed to infer that the part in the quotes was a quote from me ... only it wasn't ... you made it up.
Hey! If I would have wanted to falsely quote you, I would have used [ quote ] and [ /quote ]!

Quote:
#2> You reaction to being caught doing this has been to go on the offensive ... when I first made the effort to politely tell you about it ... you come back not with an apology ... but by telling me to grow up ... as if all grown ups create fictional quotes about others like you did in that case... as if to infer that there must be something wrong with me because I pointed out your fictional work and I didn't like it.

Quote:
Yes after you made up the fictional quote and tried to pass it off as from me ... and after I called you on it ... and after you went on the offensive for me calling you on it ... yes ... then you admitted I didn't actually write that quote ... just as you then went on to claim that what I actually wrote was close enough to what you tried to pass off as what I actually wrote , so that you seemed not to seem any issue at all with the fictional fabrication you did or the way you presented it.
No. "Putting things within quotes" is not the same as passing something off as what somebody else said.

I've just reported you, by the way. This is getting to be ridiculous.

Quote:
Even now you are still on the attack about it... continuing to try and put me down for calling you on what you did.

Grow up.

Oh, and by the way - I'm done talking with you. You want to keep on arguing from ignorance? Fine. All I was saying re: saturated steam at a set temperature had a set pressure. You somehow managed to vastly obscure the issue, both by confusing dynamic and equilibrium conditions, and by getting your panties in a knot when I said you were mistaken by trying to tie the ideal gas law to steam tables.

Enough is enough.

Last edited by t vago; 04-27-2012 at 09:20 PM..