View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #185 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by t vago View Post
Hey! If I would have wanted to falsely quote you, I would have used [ quote ] and [ /quote ]!
correction ... you did fabricate a fictional quote.
What your claims here of your personal preferred method of presenting a false quote doesn't change that.

Quote:
No. "Putting things within quotes" is not the same as passing something off as what somebody else said.
Incorrect ... that's why they are called quotation marks.

Quote:
This is getting to be ridiculous.
I agree ... you made a mistake ... it you stopped launching attacks as some kind of offensive method to justify yourself this needn't have gone past you just admitting your typo / phrasing error.

I see no good reason I should just sit by while you launch attacks at me ... I think it is reasonable for me to be able to present my own 2 bits in defense of myself against your continued attacks.

Quote:
I've just reported you, by the way.
Interesting ...
You fabricate a fictional quote ... and when I call you on it politely ... so far from where I sit your reaction to being called on what you did actually do has been: ( just off the top of my head )
  • Insult me as a person for calling your on what you did.
  • Justify what you did as not being wrong.
  • Suggest something is wrong with me for take offense to you being offensive.
  • Suggest there is not real difference between your fictional quote and what I actually wrote.
  • Suggest something is wrong with me for not knowing what you intended was different from what you wrote.
  • Try to incorrectly represent definitions of paraphrasing ignoring the grammatical distinction between paraphrasing and quoting.
  • Try to suggest it is my fault for not knowing how you prefer to present a fictional quote.
  • Incorrectly make claims about what quotation marks mean.

I think given the constant attacks and offensive you have been putting out ... that I have been responding to your attacks and offensive behavior in a reasonably civil manner to address the attacks you have been launching against me.

Quote:
Oh, and by the way - I'm done talking with you. You want to keep on arguing from ignorance? Fine. All I was saying re: saturated steam at a set temperature had a set pressure.
And I was saying that :
Like the pressure cooker ... if the volume of the container does not have enough room , so that it restricts the expansion of that steam formed to less than it otherwise would have been ... the pressure will go up in that container.

Which despite your resistance to the idea ... and your attacks and insults ... is exactly what happens.

You want to stop .. fine ... but ... if you continue to launch more attacks ... I think it is reasonable I am allowed to respond to your attacks.