View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 02:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Nerys
Grrr :-)

Cherokee - '88 Jeep Cherokee
90 day: 19.44 mpg (US)

Ryo-Ohki - '94 Geo Metro Xfi
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)

Vger 2 - '00 Plymouth Grand Voyager SE

Ninja - '89 Geo Tracker
90 day: 30.27 mpg (US)
I see this 3 fan fully sealed ball bearing setup on ebay for the cherokee for $275 was considering it. Claims it only draws 5.8amps.

I am also thinking about electrifying everything else. Gearing an electric motor the the power steering and setting it to say only turn on when below 40mph

Electric Water pump.

that would eliminate all belted devices except the alternator and the compressor. I was also thinking of disconnecting the alternator and adding some batteries but keeping the alternator installed as a "just in case" and "plug in" to recharge.

I am also thinking peltier coolers. Route the coolant to a small aluminum tank at the bottom install some peltier coolers on the tank with some beefy fins right in the airstream. I am wondering if the cooling verse amp draw would be better than the fans etc.. (gonna have to meter a peltier and see how much power they draw)

Lots of ideas. Just need time and money to do them.

FINALLY got the jeep running again. Had a bad Harmonic Balancer Repalced No fix bad fuel pump replaced no joy still ran like crap.

Was about to do full computer sensor swap from the donor vehicle and mechanic bumped the cat. We both heard it and went hmmm. Maybe it was choking itself. Disconnecting the exhaust RAN like a champ!! so I grabbed the entire exhaust from the other jeep (cat back no header pipe rusted) Good news the cat is 1/3 the size of the other one (same year vehicles too!! odd) bad news this means the header pipe will not REACH the cat :-) I will either have to add a chunk of pipe inline there is move it forward if the hangers will permit it and extend the tail pipe. We are going to do this tuesday.

At that point my baby should be drivable! (452,000 miles on the engine we just took out!!!) I used to clock 50 to 60 thousand miles a year back then :-)

My jeep is finally coming back to life!! :-) I can't wait!