View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 06:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
euromodder
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Welcome to ecomodder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltArc View Post
With my basic knowledge and techniques, I stay in the high twenty's, my best tank being over 30 mpg. With my current schedule, I'm not able to do everything I can, such as fueling at night, and driving conditions.
Not all tips will work for everyone, nor all the time.
Pick what tips you could easily do, when those become new habits, pick some more items from the list of hypermiling tips.

I regularly go over the list, and see what more I can / am prepared to do.

Over time, you'll find that even when you're driving "normally" instead of hypermiling, you'll still use less fuel than when driving "normally" before.

Quote:
What I am proud of, is that my city mileage is often better than estimated highway mileage when I Drive a vehicle.
The low speeds and short accelerations can compensate for the more stop & go nature of city driving.

With a warm engine, my remaining range estimate no longer drops like a stone in city driving either
It's all due to how one drives the vehicle.

Quote:
My next vehicle, approximately 46 days from now, is the 2013 Mustang. I completely understand that this not the most fuel efficient vehicle
Apparently, when you want to, they can be driven with quite good mpg despite their sporty nature.

Quote:
Further, two air spinners for the air intake. I am focused on one brand, but not fully decided, it just appears to be the most fuel efficient and effective.
Has anyone made one that really works ?

We've seen some hefty claims about greatly improved fuel economy, but AFAIK nothing that's backed up with hard evidence over a suitable period of time.

Manufacturers already take serious care of how the air and fuel end up in the cilinder.
It's not something that'll easily be bettered by some simple means - if it was that easy, these parts would be on the car already

Quote:
Some ideas I am considering are;
Most if not all of this can be either done in a reversible way, or stealthy on the inside of the car so it doesn't plainly show.