View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #18 (permalink)
RiderofBikes
EcoModding Apprentice

Pantry Boy Supreme (pbs) - '04 Volvo S80 T6 Premier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
Lockup puts the torque converter in a 1:1 state with the engine and gear train, so no, even if it locked up sooner, it would still maintain RPM/speed relationship.

I'm not sure about the details of his specific transmission. If it's an electronic CVT with 6 "speed" settings, that would definitely change it. I somehow doubt this is the case, but it's wholly possible.

I'd need to know more about his specific setup to know for sure why that happened.

The other option is that potentially higher load gave a false reading on the tach by 100 RPM, or that lower load is giving a reading 100RPM lower. Without a calibrated gauge, 100 RPM is sneezable.

Thats what i was thinking, its not a CVT type... Green Car Congress: 6-Speed PowerShift automatic in Fiesta, Focus delivers a 10% fuel economy gain
^Just learned allot myself...
EDIT: would like to know where the 2.0l 160hp engine was an option... or better a diesel. lol

And the state of my current Tach on the bike is well ...less than desirable
I still need to do allot of rewiring, and replacing cables and such, maybe just find a digital read-out and rig it in some way.