View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #99 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Wiring update

The wiring update is close to completion, but not quite there yet.

I needed to change the wiring on my 'video game'. The shelf that the PLC was sitting on was not set up for backplates. There was some re-organization needed. I added another set of terminal blocks, some small salvaged wire ducts. I bolted down the grinder. The coupler for the encoder is now a 'cone' that should self-center ... I guess we'll see ... the PLC is hanging on the backplate. The backplates give the shelf some structure - it's more rigid. The wires are easier to see. The labels are not all on yet, but I've got a start.

I managed to lose two fuse blocks between packing up the parts and putting them all back in ... I must have carried them away and put them down somewhere. They NEED to be in there before things are powered up.

The power supplies are set up as -15V, 0V, +15V, +5V. This is for the encoder input card, analog input card, the analog output card, and the digital input card.

The 25.2V from the 'battery bank' supplies the digital output card and is measured for the analog voltage and the current driving the grinder motor/ being charged by the battery charger.