View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak View Post
Welcome UltArc.

Please don't feel any need to justify your purchase. It's entirely sensible that you're choosing a vehicle that fits the needs of your career.

I suspect that you'll be pleased at how that vehicle's strong low end will enable nice early shifts around town. My mom's V6 SS Impala climbs hills at well under 2k - no problem. So that extra power ought to help you hold high gear pretty long.

Sounds like you're on the right track - keep us posted.

Too bad you had negative experiences with users on other forums. Hope EM is different for you.
Will do. I still have a while before I even make the purchase. But I can't wait to pull that front pumper off and fill in those gaps. I've read it can take 500 to 2000 miles before the enine is broken in, so we'll have to wait a while before I am at peak performance.

That's nice with the SS. The torque is one of the main reasons I am getting it, I don't expect I'll shift from 1st more than five times a year. Most of my friends in much weaker vehicles, 2002 Hyundai sedan, and Mazda 3 almost always start in 2nd gear, and I'd expect the torques to be way lower than 280ft lb lol

In the next two months Implan on becoming VERY active on here and fuelly.com.