View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
DaveVM
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
...a three lane change with them at 80 mph to exit...
WOW... in a four wheel drive at that! Dry and clean drawers are always a good thing!

I've got a 93 Olds Bravada (glorified Blazer) one thing I did with it to improve the handling was put on 1.5 inch billet rear wheel spacers. It brought the rear wheels out inline with the fronts. Which in winter would put the tires inline and may help in the snow. Don't know if the second gen 4wd S10's were as bad as the first gens for that. Also dropped the nose with the torsion bar adjustments to the minimum spec. Look for ride height adjustment and is easy to do with a wrench and a ruler/tape measure.

I also have a 97 2wd S10 ext cab 5spd that I have been working on to improve the MPG as well as the handling.

As for the mpg I've put on larger diameter rear tires, (less RPM for the same speed) but you have to be careful as your travelling faster than indicated. Installed smaller mirrors on the doors, though I still have both - like to see what is going on around me. I like your chin spoiler and was thinking along those same lines, though was wondering if you were having any fold under with yours?

Thinking about getting a reprogram for the computer from pcmforless as they can work some magic as well.

The handling, I've put on some of the ZQ8 parts. Really helped. And like you I use my truck like a truck.