View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 03:01 AM   #202 (permalink)
tjts1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazman View Post
Does anyone know of an electronic fuel injector that could handle water/meth? I believe that if I ran one of those attached to any custom and programmable ECU then the water could be be injected with almost infinite variability between minimum flow and maximum. This would enable the injection to do something most kits cannot - inject under both vacuum and boost while varying the flow seamlessly.

Most water injection kits require 2 or more jets to vary flow from high to low OR if they have mappable flow control, they can only cope with either boost or vacuum not both.

An old used Link ECU from a raceparts bin, and a fully electronic injector that can atomise water from low flow to high flow would be perfect I'd think.

Wonder if methanol EFI injectors would work/come in acceptable flow rates?
Modern EFI injectors are all stainless internals and are therefore capable of handing E85 or straight water. The catch is that you have to use distilled water otherwise the EFI injector will clog very quickly. You can run the extra injector in parallel with the existing EFI injector circuit so same PW and timing as your existing injectors. Position the water at the mouth of the TB and only switch it on when the TB is open. This will ensure that you are always running a fixed proportion of water to fuel at all times. In my case I used 1 water injector at 43psi to 6 fuel injectors of the same size running the same PW. Works quite well. I need to figure out a permanent solution for the water pump. I can't drive around with the air compressor in the trunk all the time then stop to plug it in every few miles lol
The Following User Says Thank You to tjts1 For This Useful Post:
bazman (05-02-2012)