View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
ls40095
ls40095

Echo update

I must say that you guys are great, thanks so much for the reply's., keep them coming.

Heres the twist.........

I ran the vin number using a service that charges me $4.50 but it takes up to 10 hours to get it back.

The car shows previous salvage history in addition to the recent salvage history. That usually means it was totaled prior to the last repair!

It also shows a medium to moderate front impact 2 years prior to the previous salvage history. i would think it refers to that accident.

I inspected the roof welds and they were fine. Its easier and more professional to cut the roof off and replace than to repair, so that I understand. The car drove well and looked good overall and the guy has not called me back but I have a gut feeling he will after a few days have passed. He was going to buy a truck today so he will be more motivated to sell..........

Call me cheap but Im still interested for the right price so I guess when he calls me back., Whats the right price for the car $3500? or is he stuck with it? I worry about it falling apart to some extent, like the welds but what can u buy for $3500/$4000? Im temped to buy it and drive it to the ground