View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
stryker16
EcoModding Lurker

Mr. Taco - '01 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
90 day: 16.18 mpg (US)
Looking to buy a Fit

Hey Everyone

I am looking to purchase a Honda Fit after looking at a few 'subcompacts' and deciding the Fit stood out. I really like the "magic seat" and how much cargo space you can squeeze out of them.

What I am wondering, to those of you who have purchased one, is which one to buy. I visited a dealership the other day who had a manual 2010 Fit Sport but I left because I couldn't see paying $17K for a 2010 when you can get one brand new for $17,900 MSRP. (Or get the base and get one for $16,100)

Am I wrong in thinking this? Should I wait until the 2013's start coming out and try to find a 2012 cheap? I have no manual Fits around me other than this 2010 model and I am wondering if I am fighting a losing battle.

Also how does everyone like their automatics? I am more of a manual guy but they don't make hardly any in this model....

I'd love to just buy an 08-09 model with low miles from a private party but again those are rare around here, and then I would have to sell my truck on my own rather than trade it in.

Just looking for some advice as the small price difference between the '10 and '12 is confusing me and I am wondering if I am missing something.