View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
pfunk678
EcoModding Lurker

Red Chicken - '95 Honda Civic LX
90 day: 42.61 mpg (US)
95 Civic, first mod, grill block

Just found this site a few a days ago and have been inspired by the projects I've seen. I sought out some coroplast to make a grill block and for some wheel skirts. I wanted black coroplast to match the trim on my car. I went to a local sign shop and asked for any scrap. They didn't have any black so I asked if they could order some for me. I got an 8' x 4' piece for $25.

We cut the coroplast and used some alcohol to clean the coroplast and the plastic facing of the grill in order to use velcro to keep the block in place. We figured the wind would keep in place while driving and the velcro would be sufficient to keep it from falling forward the rest of the time. I was pleased with it because you can't tell it is there unless you are looking for it.

I only blocked the upper part since it is getting to summer temps here in Georgia and also because there was no readily obvious way to attach the coroplast to the bottom grill area. The upper block was just a quick project before my dad and I began work in earnest on wheel skirts. The block took about 10 minutes. We worked on wheel skirt problems for about 4 hours before calling it quits to take it up another day. I'll post those pics when I have something to show.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0185.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	10800   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0187.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	10801   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0188.jpg
Views:	66