View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #227 (permalink)
bazman
EcoModding Lurker

Weird Thing - '00 Holden (GM) Commodore SS Series II
90 day: 18.67 mpg (US)
I'm planning on doing it. But it will be in conjunction with a plasma ignition system as that is what is required to fire a very lean mix. I'll also run 50/50 water/meth mainly because on boost that is what I am tuned to run anyway and it saves adding a second water tank.

I'll replumb the existing water/meth set up to feed either pre-turbo or just after (undecided yet as pre turbo is best done by 100% meth and it boost quick enough for me now anyway). The turbo is out back so that will improve flow as now it has to pump the water/meth all the way to the front behind the throttle bodies.

The other system will feed from the same trunk mounted tank and run to where the current jet is positioned - however I will look at plumbing in an actual EFI injector capable of very fine tuning and run it from an ecu. It would kick in under lean burn conditions and could supplement the boost injection (which is on or off). I'll keep it about 12-24" away from the TB to ensure equal cylinder distribution.

I'd hope to be able to get close to 30:1 A/F but factors beyond my knowledge or control may limit that. A late friend of mine achieved that and better. Even if I could run into the 20's A/F at steady cruise it would maintain a worthwhile mpg gain. As for part throttle around town/city driving - that'd have potential to lean off too for better mpg but would take a lot more tuning effort and use a lot more water.