View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
jousai7
EcoModding Lurker

InsertUniqueName - '07 Toyota Yaris sport

SaturnMPGbeater - '02 Chevy cobalt
Team Saturn
90 day: 47.82 mpg (US)
Not new, Just returned. Never introduced

Hey everyone! Lurked here for several years on and off. It all started with the purchase of a 99 civic hb with a 5 mt. Enjoyed going from a 01 cherokee to 36-40 mpg. Bought a 2009 honda Fit and got myself a scan guage. Saw anywhere from 52mpg(super trying) and averaged around 40-42. Replaced this vehicle with a 2011 Honda Fit and did the same. Both to new to want to do any crazy modding. I did tape of the 2011 front, seams, and rear wheels for a week and liked how my numbers looked. But now im stepping it up. just bought a 2002 Saturn SL with 106k so I dont kill my Fit. I drive 150 miles a day on average. Since its an old base model im going to do some modding. Only done two fill ups at 42.6 and 44.7. My goal is to consistently break 50mpg. I do the DC commute every day. But I think I can achieve it. The woman even doesnt mind, shes actually upset she doesn't get to use the scangauge any more. Had her even doing 38-40mpg in the Fit. Ill probably start a thread soon once I can get the time. You guys have helped me out tons in the past and this has been by far my favorite forum. I spend alot of time on Honda tech(89 civic si b16 turbo being built) and I like the additude here MUCH better. And yeah I enjoy driving styles of all kind. Guess I like to max out what ever my purpose for being in the car is.

Once again thanks guys for all your previous help and look forward to starting a thread!