View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
ncnealncn
NCNeal

F.A.R.T. (Flppin Awesome Red Yaris) - '08 Toyota Yaris S
90 day: 40.01 mpg (US)

Forester - '12 Subaru Forester Premium
90 day: 24.54 mpg (US)

2015 Prius - '15 Toyota Prius 3
I am new to this site, and trying to get good gas mileage. Here are a few things that I found.

I read several posts here about manual transmissions. They all seem to get better mileage than their automatic counterparts. It is much harder to find a manual trans. I saw about 100 times as many automatics. I watched websites until I found a used car with manual transmission that I was looking for. I drove over 100 miles to buy it from the dealer that listed it. I am glad I waited for the manual trans. I am getting much higher MPG than EPA rating. My car is completely stock. I am still amazed at the mileage I am getting.

I bought two cars in the last few months due to two accidents that were not our fault. I found out quickly that some makes and model cars that are only a few years old hold their value. I was quite surprised at the prices of used cars. We bought a new Subaru Forester because the used ones were as much as new ones. We bought a five year old Toyota Yaris Manual which is my economy car. I drive at least twice as much as my wife. She works from home most days. Next year the used 2012s will be the same price as they are now.