View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
djarmyssg
EcoModding Lurker

Need Help Building ODBuino!!

Hey guys. First off let me introduce myself, My names DJ, and I a Mechanic in the Army. Im currently stationed in TX and LOVE working on cars. I've done more then enough to the engine of my car, now its time to work the electrical side of the house! Sooo here I am!!! Looking foward to all the great knowledge!! I love it!

But on to my dilema! I am currently working on building an ODBUINO, Im using a Arduino Uno, non serial LCD, and a Sparkfun OBD UART. My problem is no matter WHAT I do, I cant connect to any ECU, It seems that I cant even connect to the UART (I used tera term and have gotten NOTHING when sending the "ATZ" command)

Pics will come as soon as I get a couple more posts.. Im not one to troll just to get posts under my belt!

Im currently running the OBDuino32k V198 and have uncommented "ELM" and commented iso, ecustate, and one more thing I cant rememebr right now. But when I do the only thing that shows on t he LCd is "OBDuino32K V198" No connecting, no NOTHING... Well I think thats about enough for now... any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! Oh and Just incase.. Im trying to connect to a 2001 Civic.. "ISO" I believe.