View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
hzoltaan
EcoModding Lurker

Ok, I've got the LPG system installed and I'll have to agree, the torque is gone, no higher 5th is possible.

On the other hand the car behaves well on lpg (praise the mechanic who did it) my consumption is about 5.7-6l /100km of gas with my driving (slow... very slow... compared to the crazy Poles ). Since the price is about half of petrol, I'm happy about it.

technical question:

there is a feature in this small engine: while the car is rolling, the ECU keeps the rpm on a higher level, then it drops it to 0. really often I would use engine brake or just roll to a red light and it annoys me, that around 1500 the injection kicks in (if engine braking) or the engine revs while rolling the last meters to a junction...

after the car has stopped, (and I mean completely, there is no margin... quite strange) the rpm drops after like half a second to 800 and stays there stable.

My understanding is, that this elevated RPM keeps the engine in a ready-mode if I'd decide to accelerate, and it keeps the brake assistant fully "charged".

I see, there is a safety reason for this, but I don't feel that i could not live with only 80% of the brake assistant's power while rolling with 10-15km/h...

is there a way to disable this feature?
to have 800 stable when I get off the go-pedal in neutral?
Or is there a big advantage of this somewhere and I'm just blind not seeing it?