View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
mgmechie
EcoModding Lurker

Hyundai GDI - '12 Hyundai Accent GS

Sonoma - '94 GMC Sonoma SE
Thanks for the replies. I was planning on using window screen from Home Depot, I can't post the link because I don't have enough posts, but it is fiberglass and the review says that it is really heavy duty, and I have understood that fiberglass is pretty good about high temperatures. I like the idea of thick paint to close the holes, thanks basjoos.

With regards to the pressure difference, would the low pressure zone likely be on the top side of the mesh (closer to the bottom of the truck), especially towards the back end of the truck. I was thinking that if the low pressure was on that side it would only help pull the flow upwards and possibly keeping the flow attached. I had a video shown to me in my CFD class in college (which I can't find right now and it is driving me crazy) where they use a slight vacuum pull from small holes on the top of the foil to keep flow attached to the top side for larger angles of attack. (I liked the programming portion of the class, not so much the theory side so I am not claiming to be even slightly more informed about fluid dynamics than anyone.)

I didn't so much think about the pressure difference though, so thanks for pointing that out Skyking.

Thanks.