Thread: Oregon commuter
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #81 (permalink)
Curtis in Texas
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electictracer View Post
Thanks guys, the vapor looks very nice. I am considering it, but it would add about $180 by the time I got the bells and whistles I would want. I keep thinking that works out to be 45 gallons of fuel at today’s prices, making it another 3400 miles of driving to reach breakeven over my current vehicle using projected economy. Torture on the brain to think like that….. (P.S. my math might be off, I was just doing it in my head, and my truck gets 25 mpg at best.)
I can’t seem to find a cable that has both of the end types I need or a kit that would work, but I’m still researching. If I don’t come up with anything, I guess I will have a good justification for the expenditure. Another benefit would be versatility for future swap outs of the front fork or engine/tranny. Food for thought.
I’ve been panting the frame now with a rust protective coat, so far the least satisfying part of the project as I HATE painting!
Well, post up the ends and length of cables you need and I'll check my sources and see if they have any. I do know a guy who might be able to custom make some for you. So don't be shy. I also have a Supplier Company that does custom hydraulic hoses for my Company at reasonable prices. There are a lot of us who are pulling for your success and would be happy to help you find the pieces you can't find.

Curtis