View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
SiVX
EcoModdingRealist

The Blue Lagoon - '92 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian View Post
If your not able to get to the tools you need right away a cheep rust converting primer like Rust Destroyer Rust007 - Rust Destroyer sold at hardware stores will buy you some time and when you do go to do all the bodywork for real, treating all the rust spots that you end up filling with a good rust converter from an autobody supply will help to keep this from happening again.

In San Diego there's a program that teaches occupational skills at night in the high school shop classes; its called ROP (Regional Occupational Program). I spent three years in their autobody class and this is the best place I've found to work on my cars; they have all the latest tools/equipment/industry knowledge and its all free. If you have something like this in your area I'd highly recommend looking into it.

Also, how'd it go finding the stock intake for your car? I know what you mean by "honda punk." Nothing but trouble.
Yea I purchased something similar to the rust destroyer. With mine u give the area a light sand then spray it on. It stops rust and applies a 2 in 1 flat black paint primer as well. I used it under the doors above the door sills where rust was forming as a result of rubbing. I also used it for some random bolts, nuts n brackets under the hood.

I think when i sand down the rear panels I'm gonna also use that. Then primer. Then seal. Then paint.

In regards to the intake. My friendhas a dx that is getting a full cold air intake. He's gonna hand over the stock dx. I'm hoping it'll b better for some low rpm power at least over the advanced auto intake. If not, the filter box should b damn close, so i thought about getting dimensions of vx tube and making one from PVC to attach to intake box.

[ACHV ALL]