View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 06:29 AM   #18 (permalink)
JethroBodine
MPG Militia HMV-25E80+A

FrankenJetta D - '90 Volkswagen Jetta GL
Boat tails and more mods
Diesel
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 64.35 mpg (US)
This article/study was on people commuting in, near, and to a large city. To encompass everyone into the findings is ridiculous.

I commute 20 miles, one way,every day. The closest thing to a traffic jam that I have is on my return trip home at the only stop light in downtown where one might be caught for 5 minutes of stop and go. People who don't like stop lights(like me) change their route to avoid the light.

My commute is also the longest uninterrupted time that I sit in one place all day. Does this really make me obese?

I love traveling by motor vehicles. I got my drivers license as soon as I possibly could and have enjoying every minute of driving ever since. My commute is, almost always, the only driving I do now. Don't try to tell me that one of my favorite experiences of the day makes me a more angry person, causes me stress, or is shortening my life.

As for cost, I don't spend as much in a year on my commute as has been said I could save.

YMMV

Quote:
It is always very amusing how our imagination is put to the test when overcoming reality. Redyaris
Boat tail project
How to gently bump start during EOC
The Following User Says Thank You to JethroBodine For This Useful Post:
larrybuck (05-13-2012)