View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
jth2012
EcoModding Lurker

looking for a truck or suv thatll get the best gas mileage, suggestions on vehicle

I am sorry if I do have this question in the wrong place, I am new to this website, but im looking for a new work truck or suv, right now I have a trail blazer, dont remind me of how bad the gas mileage is in that thing lol, im a tall (6'4) subcontractor for directv so the biggest thing that I have is a ladder, it is a Werner MT-26 300-Pound Duty Rating Telescoping Multi-Ladder, 26-Foot, found on amazon

The rest of everything is just small boxes or dish pans, all together around 150 pounds work of equipment and me (200 pounds).

I know, about not lead footing, coasting when you can, nitogen in the tires, no roof rakes, and all that stuff I already do, so im looking for the best mpg vehicle I can start looking for, has to be over 30 on the highway, just because I know its possible, was thinking about a 4 banger, was thinking more about a toyato or a nissan, just because of the reliablitly, but not really picky, just want the best gas milege I can get, then after that what mods that are possible to

Basically I need to know what type of car, engine, etc to look for and after I get that what can I do to it to allow it to have better gas mileage