View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
RiderofBikes
EcoModding Apprentice

Pantry Boy Supreme (pbs) - '04 Volvo S80 T6 Premier
I've recently been looking for a 2-3cylinder diesel to drop in for this large of bike, but no luck even at junk yards or pick-n-pull lots... I know trackers/bobcats have around 15-25hp would be more than enough for my commuting. But the ones i have found are a bit ($)$$$... its a good platform to do a swap in, but with the amount of work needed to use the existing shaft drive id need to do some major mods. Dependant it be a horizantal shaft, all ive found mostly are verical.
The swinger if needed can be easily swapped with a GS1100 chain drive unit if nothing else.

I by NO means plan on making this thing reach an unpractical goal of 65+ mpg as it sits now... But maybe doing what i can to an extent reaching 50-55mpg would put me right around $3.75 a day for my 60mile commute. I'm already at a consistant (46mpg).

The best part about the GS line of engine, is that most parts can be swapped. I could swap out the Topend with a GS1000 to reduce displacement. Or do smaller custom exaust and smaller jet kit as it is now. which wouldnt damper my wallet too much