View Single Post
Old 05-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
bazman
EcoModding Lurker

Weird Thing - '00 Holden (GM) Commodore SS Series II
90 day: 18.67 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey442 View Post
I think the Rhoads lifter is going to hurt you. If you're going to try it do it on intake only. The exhaust closing ramp on all cams is very gentle. If you're running a knock sensor its going to hear the noise and pull out some advance. High intake vacume=higher pumping losses. Open waste gate at low throttle to reduce exhaust back pressure. I'd try retarding the cam 5deg. keeping exhaust valve closed longer extracting more usefull work from still relativly high cylinder pressure. Later intake closing lowers vacume. Pull an 8"hg depression into crankcase via intake vacume. Don't pull any more as gaskets and seals don't like it. Last heat the fuel to 180deg. F This will extend your lean burn limit and slighlty higher flame speed. It may tend to vapor lock on hot restarts. Turn off fuel pump while cranking cures that.
Thanks for your insights here Smokey, you are more advanced than I in what you are describing and you may be right. I'm hoping that other factors will compensate so we achieve an overall gain, we will certainly find out.

In any event you've given me food for thought and I will run it past my tuner to see what we can do here.

I'm thinking that something like this could compensate for extra pumping losses from more low rpm cylinder pressure NanoTechnology Lubrication Breakthrough

at $800 for a treatment I'd bloody hope it works lol

I have used Militec before and believe that is the reason I now have such good leak down despite 110,000 miles.