View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 04:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
02ws6
EcoModding Apprentice

I know that GM has had the technology to kill the fuel on a certain amount of cylinders depending on how much throttle you give it for years... Don't know how well that will play in in your ride since you have a custom tune..

I know alot of guys who mount turbos in their cars and run the stock LS6 cam until they can get a custom profile made.. These cams work very well in boosted cars.. They still have about a .56x lift and either a 113 or 114 LSA.. Don't quote me on the numbers but I know Im close..

For your particular car, since it is a "4 door GTO", weight is your number one killer of mpg.. If you had this setup in a 3000lb. car as opposed to your 4400lb (Im guessing close to the '96 Impala SS numbers) car this wouldnt be so hard to achieve.. That would be my most main concern would be dropping weight..

Aerodynamics could be a big help for you too but please don't go make that car ugly.. Its too pretty of a car to put a nose cone or boat tail on.. Maybe a custom belly pan could help out alot without costing a bunch of money.. Im gonna be using a truck bed liner for my belly pan.. Im sure you can come up with plenty of ideas on this one.

About the only other change I personally would make to this beast would be your personal driving technique.. Its gotta be hard to stay out of the throttle on this thing.. When I owned my Trans Am I know it was hard to keep rear tires on the damn thing. lol

Only other suggestion I would have is to buy a commuter car that can double the mpg of what you are driving now. Thats what Im personally doing.. Building a car that can attain 40-65mpg while Im in school and when I can afford it, then build my street/strip car..

Good luck and happy modding!

Oh and post pics of the car and drivetrain setup!! I wanna see this!
The Following User Says Thank You to 02ws6 For This Useful Post:
bazman (05-14-2012)