View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
pyroom
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by macncheese View Post
Ive modded my truck heavily and i'm looking forward to modding the our new vue.

Have you looked into crankcase breather filter systems, porting the throttle body, modifying the intake etc?

I can say it has helped the mpg on my truck dispite the lift and tires. I could safely say that if it worked on my truck it should work on the vue
Lol I've done a bit more since I made this thread. I'm running a Greddy Ultimate piggyback ECU custom tuned to the Vue and an Eaton m90 supercharger, yes I've bored out of throttle body and intake runners (remove the tapered spacer if you're running a straight through exhaust it helps a lot), and I've also removed that useless AWD system on the Vue.

I relocated the battery and I have a 5" silicone short ram intake. The crankcase breather just has a little filter on it, I don't have emissions to worry about so I didn't hook it up. The weather is MUCH warmer now and I rarely even see 350km a tank anymore . I just don't understand how it only gets 300 - 340km per tank regardless of who or how it's driven.... I haven't taken my Vue on a highway trip for a long time since it's straight piped, but I have had tanks that are 3/4 highway driving and they still end up only being 340km.

I've parked my Vue for the summer now, and I'm considering swapping in a smaller manual 4 cylinder engine and putting the V6 into one of my civics or something.