Thread: Good Morning
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
metroschultz
Master EcoModder

CPT SLO - '93 GEO Metro plainjane
90 day: 53.91 mpg (US)

SilverHairBeauty - '01 Toyota Avalon XL
90 day: 24.06 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to metroschultz
Good Morning

Hello ,Merry Christmas, and Happy new Year. I am new to the forum thing and I'll try not to be too wordy.
I work nights, late, usually till 2 or 3 am and don't spend a lot of time on the 'puter.
I own a 1993 metro that desperately needs an overhaul, but I'm gonna drive her till she blows. Many years ago I had one that would average about 60 mpg. I did not know it then but I was using pulse and glide driving most of the time, because it instinctively felt like the way to higher mileage. After a few trips back and forth to work I was rewarded with large numbers for my efforts. I have no actual paper work to back it up. Just my tired old memory and my wifes sullen looks to the sky.
When the metro goes I will rebuild it the best I can with all the knowledge I have gleened from you guys. I am looking now for one of the swift trannys to reduce my rpm on the highway.
Thanx for having me and helping me. Schultz.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.
Albert Einstein