View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #53 (permalink)
HemiX2
MBZ and MOPARS

Revived again!! I am a nubee, so never got in on all the previous posts regarding VG's. I've messed with Airtabs, specifically, for quite some time now, first on my Dodge Magnum and now on my Jeep GC. The one thing I can say for certain is that they keep the rear windows much cleaner than before when on the highway, and [U]maybe[U] help higher speed stability ever so slightly. I can't say that they make any noticeable difference in FE though. I'd like to think that they do. I've also placed them on the belly pans under the vehicles and in front of some of the suspension components, in an effort to direct airflow away from them. Can't say that it makes any measureable difference either. As said several times, the only real way to verify would probably be wind tunnel tests, as there are too many variables and probably too small a gain to be measured any other way.

A few of us over on one of the LX (Chrysler Products) forums inquired about having smaller ones made, but nothing ever came of it. I too believe that the standard ones are way too big for the smaller vehicles. IMO, they're even marginal for a big sedan/wagon or SUV. They do, however, generate a lot of curiosity and questions from folks that don't know what they are. Keep on tinkering!