View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Debonair
EcoModding Lurker

Camaro - '00 Chevrolet Camaro SS
90 day: 16.18 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevrolet S10 LS
90 day: 15.84 mpg (US)

Formula - '99 Pontiac Firebird Formula
90 day: 21.14 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gealii View Post
i do not plan on a 6th gear i mean putting a new gear to make the rpms lower at highway speeds
I would look at craigslist or S10 forums for people selling rear ends. They usually swap them out in favor of a rear end with 3.42 gears so you could probably get it for next to nothing.

Quote:
water pump im just trying to do everything i can it may not happen but shows i thought about the idea already
I'm in the same boat, I'm considering it also, though I don't know if i should wait till i swap engines or not. If you can find other justifications for swapping it in (your old one crapped out, looking to squeeze every bit of horsepower, want to make it rev quicker) then it may be easier to bite the bullet of the price.

Quote:
with a chip u never know 1 might come out
The only chips that are out are "performance" ones, which all they do is dump more fuel into the vehicle. The closest thing to a chip is a mail order tune from a place like wait4me or pcmforless.

Quote:
plexi glass windows im pretty sure are legal in my state due to how weak the inspection is here
I forgot about that so you could be fine with it.

I forgot to add, if you're going to be doing a lot of electrical changes/ additions to the S10, look into upgrading the Big Three Wiring which will help supply the electrical demands

Big Three (Big 3) Upgrade How-To | Chevrolet S-10 Forum - The Largest Chevy S-Series enthusiast site : s10forum.com

Last edited by Debonair; 05-17-2012 at 07:17 PM..