View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
ebacherville
Veggiedynamics

Volt12 - '12 Chevy Volt base
Pushing the car to get it rolling.. OK, have to ask whats that save.. my little crx is so light you can push it around pretty easy.. but come on, it cant make a huge difference.

this guys needs a engine cut switch and start button on his accord.. it would be so much simpler.. or a manual trans to bump start.. wonder how many starters he goes through a year.. not to mention he may be trashing his auto tranny coasting with the engine off... don't know if the accord is Ok with that.

SOrry but this video made the guy look "hyper" in a bad way.. again i know how media will sway anything.. but if this guy had a cut swith and starter button on his shifter it would look far calmer to the average person, and really hypermiling is really a calm activity , your not speeding through traffic and your anticipating things far sooner than any one else on the road.. its very conservative driving style in my opinion.. probably safer once you get good at it becuase your enticipating everything far sooner than most drivers..