View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Got her running using the fuel tank this morning. Tank needed to be cooked to get the old failed sealer out and then acid treated for the rust and recoated. I stalled on the project when I bought other bikes last year, now I am thinning the herd and this one should be roadworthy after I get the park lights and turn signals working.

New chain, rear sprocket and tires set me back some cash, and I also bought a new petcock and the fuel strainer-filter for the tank. Cleaned the carb and had a glass shop reglue the rubber part of the intake manifold back to the aluminum base that bolts to the cylinder head.

Took her for a short test hop in the neighborhood and everything seems to be fine, with no obvious fuel leaks. I do need to get at least one mirror, probably both.
The bore on this single cylinder is 73 MM stroke is 59.5 so it should be a good torque motor for possibly high mileage. The carburetor is a two stage with the secondary opening mechanically at something like 60% throttle position. Since there are two separate intake and exhaust ports, at low speeds only one intake port is recieving any air and fuel. This may provide some swirl, comparable to the Civic VX, which combined with the long stroke might be a great mileage setup, especially with the 6 speed transmission. The engine also has a balance shaft so it runs very smooth and has a 9K RPM redline, with a speedo, tach and fuel gauge. Compression is 10-1.

regards
Mech

Last edited by user removed; 05-17-2012 at 04:19 PM..