View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
SuperHatch
EcoModding Lurker

Civic - '99 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 37.39 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRX Seeker View Post
Thank you,
This is a very clean and nice looking CRX. I have been looking for a non-project daily driver for a while now. I am located in Rochester NY and I am not opposed to traveling a bit to get a quality vehicle. My only issue would be that if I did drive a distance to buy, it would most likely be a done deal, and I would be buying the care sight unseen other than pictures. That being said, is there anything that you can think of that might be or end up being an issue with this CRX? Also how bad is the window leak and do you have any idea where it might be failing? Sorry for the long winded reply but I just like to be thorough.
I can completely understand your position and your concern as I have a been there before.

There are no issues to be concerned with other than what is mentioned in this thread. I am a firm believer in full disclosure. The leak is not bad. It only seems to leak when driving, not whiled parked. The degree of the leak is directly proportional to the severity of the rain. The leak has never been bad enough to cause pooling or a sloshing feeling in the carpet. My father only noticed it when touching the carpet and feeling the moisture. We were not able to determine the exact source of the leak.

Like I said, my father is very meticulous, you will not be disappointed.