View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
SCNTN
EcoModding Lurker

SC1 - '02 Saturn SC1
Team Saturn
90 day: 41.8 mpg (US)

DaGnoma - '02 GMC Sonoma SL
Pickups
90 day: 25.03 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jousai7 View Post
Just joined up team saturn! Cant wait to post my next tank. Just did a 200+ mile round trip with just over 51+mpg average. This would be my thrid tank of gas since bought this thing. Haven't started modding yet. Which I will rectify here very shortly. Definitely recommend the scangauge. Haven't been able to drive without since I got it.
Awesome, three members! I'm driving the truck this week, back to the Saturn next week, this time armed with the laptop so I can really squeak out the almighty MPG.

I noticed in your fuel log that you're having trouble with high idle. My SC did that for a while - check your TPS and make sure it is actually at 0% when your foot is off the pedal. This is especially true if you turn the car off and then start it right back up and you get a normal idle RPM. Mine would stick at 1-2%. Do NOT buy an aftermarket TPS if you need to replace it. You'll have better luck pulling one out of a boneyard somewhere. If the TPS isn't your issue, check your wires and coils. Head over to saturnfans.com to get info on the coil resistance. Awesome site. Also, this may sound crazy, but make sure the plug wires still have the factory separator clips and that they are routed correctly - although this usually throws a CEL.

Go Team Saturn!

Coming soon... aero accessories by LowCd!