View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #42 (permalink)
Miller88
Master EcoModder

XJ Cherokee - '00 Jeep Cherokee Sport
90 day: 12.96 mpg (US)

FoFO - '11 Ford Focus SE
90 day: 36.78 mpg (US)
For everyone, there is a happy medium.

I have had commutes up to 45 minutes and as low as 1 mile.

While I love driving and find it extremely relaxing, I find that I like getting into work as quick as possible then getting on the road and heading home as soon as possible.

For a few years I had a 20 minute commute thought the country. At times, it was boring - but when the job went horrible, it was nice being able to calm down and get back in a good state of mind. I was always a bit more adventurous on the way back and I'd take seasonal highways. Really relaxing.

The commute where I was only commuting 1 mile was not good. I wouldn't have time to wind down from work before I got home. And it would definitely show. I'm not a person that puts a lot of time into evalulating "energies" and such, but I'd get a negative "energy" in the apartment when I'd get home (after a bad day) and it'd be there until I called it a night. On good days, it was fine.

Right now, I have an 8 mile commute. It really isn't relaxing as I have to drive through the center of the city on a crowded interstate ... but it's not too long and not too short.

Best part is, I'm able to average 35mpg out of the focus!