View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Marc F.
EcoModding Lurker

Scooter - '06 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 40.55 mpg (US)
My first tank was 36.999 mpg. That was with Geocaching, hwy, some serious lead foot and quite a bit of city driving. So I am doing a more "sedate" tank now, typical (for me) driving. I like the torque but dont tromp it often. I set the cruise and let it run the car up to work and back so I can get a good idea of mpg without my foot involved. So if I do the aero mods I can compare by using the cruise again and my foot wont do a better run one time or another.

Ok, so your going with aero mods. I kind of think belly pans and grill blockage (some) will be the way I go with that. As easy as it is to get get good fuel mileage the aero mods are understandable.

First thing I wonder and want to try is if there is a way to tap into the i-VTEC system and have an indication that its on. The goal is to know when its in economy mode and drive to keep it there.

It been a crazy week and I havent had time to lift the hood. But my thoughts are to find the solenoid and maybe tap it to light up an LED. I figure its 12 volt and I have to step it down, and an LED shouldnt draw enough to screw with anything.

I'll start with the net tonight. Tomorrow I start poking around under the hood.

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure .