View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Flakbadger
Always Too Busy

White Lightning - '17 Nissan Leaf SV
Team Leaf
90 day: 159.47 mpg (US)
Our circumstances are probably very different, but I bought my Yaris sedan because it's cheap, has four doors, and gets 2.5 times the MPG of my old vehicle (2003 Ford Ranger w/ 4 liter V6) The biggest selling point was the price tag, as, being a broke-ass college student, I can't finance much more than a Yaris.

I don't have the time/money/shop to repair a car so I needed something newer, and I wanted to be able to get 35+ MPG. The Yaris has done that, and once I got used to its idiosyncratic clutch I'm doing alright. I'm 5' 7" and have plenty of room in the front seat. I find the driving position actually quite comfortable, but taller drivers seem to hate it. The interior is cheap plastic, so don't expect anything beautiful... The gauge cluster is in the middle of the dash which is super annoying, and the sound dampening is pretty much non-existent... But it's a great econobox and I've got nothing but good things to say about it so far. If you get the good stereo like I have you can even plug your MP3 player into it.

If you're looking for something cheap I'd highly recommend it, it beat the Fit hands-down in affordability and compares well with MPGs. Good enough for me.
Good luck

Current Car: White Lightning

----------------------------------------------

Retired Car: Betty White
The Following User Says Thank You to Flakbadger For This Useful Post:
Slasher (05-22-2012)